In September, President of Museum’s Steering Committee, His Grace Bishop Jovan of Slavonia and Dr. William Taylor, Reverend Canon of St. John’s Notting Hill Church and president of Anglican and Eastern Churches Association, have agreed that, within annual program ‘Constantinople lectures’, His [ ... ]Read more ...
Museum has expanded its list of publications. The lastest publication is memories of Šid’s citizen, who was Austro-Hungarian soldier in Great War and witness of Croat-Ustasha crimes in Srem, during the existence of Independent State of Croatia.
Although the manuscript represents memories on survived [ ... ]Read more ...
Museum of Genocide Victims is in process of creating a collection of paintings and artifacts which by their contents remind us of grave war crimes and killing sites. This collection should serve as a modest contribution to the memory on great woes and, at the same time, as a warning so we could prevent [ ... ]Read more ...
Within the commemoration days on the grave war crime perpetrated by German military forces in Kragujevac, on 21st of October 1941, Museum of Genocide Victims has presented its latest publication.
It is monograph ‘Victims of Second World War from Valjevo Municipality. Members of defeated formations, [ ... ]Read more ...
There are various ways in which our institution is remembering the suffering of the children in Independent State of Croatia. One of those is annual visits by the Association of detainees ‘Jasenovac’from Belgrade, which is comprised from survived inmates of various concentration camp complexes. As [ ... ]Read more ...
Museum of Genocide Victims, within the framework of Law on establishment of the Museum of Genocide Victims and according to its principal activities, special attention dedicates to publishing. We think that, by publishing the findings of research projects, which are dealing with smaller territorial [ ... ]Read more ...
On the invitation by Historical Museum of the City of Krakow, for the Conference ‘Sites of Memory and Oblivion.The Present. The Future’, Museum of Genocide Victims has sent its senior advisor, Dr. DraganCvetković. Conference was held within the manifestation ’12 days of remembrance of Gestapo’s [ ... ]Read more ...
In accordance with the protocol on cooperation between Museum of Genocide Victims and Serbian Orthodox Church Archives, joint publications are one of the main activities. In the publication of ‘Orahovica’s list of victims during Second World War’ was involved Jasenovac Committee of the Holy Assembly [ ... ]Read more ...
There are many aspects of cooperation between Jasenovac Committee of the Holy Assembly of Bishops of the Serbian Orthodox Church and Museum of Genocide Victims. Joint conferences and publications are of particular importance.
First scientific symposium ‘New Martyrs – Poliperspective’ was held [ ... ]Read more ...
First visit, 10 days long, to the Hilandar Monastery (Mount Athos, Greece) was in summer of 1985, when I was curator of the Historical Museum of Serbia and member of the special group of museology experts for processing and cataloging artifacts.
Today, after 33 years, in the capacity of the Director [ ... ]Read more ...
- “Opening of the exhibition ‘Pilgrimages to the Holiness/Light’: Cultural Center Kikinda, 5th of August 2018”
- “Opening of the exhibition ‘Scars of the grave crimes’: Museum of Old Hercegovina, Foča, 14th of July 2018”
- “Cooperation between Musem of Genocide Victims and Association of Detainees ‘Jasenovac’: 4th of July 2018”
- „New publication by Museum of Genocide Victims: Vladeta N. Milićević, USTASHA Croatian Revolutionary Organization, Belgrade, 2018.”
- 6 June 2018: Presentation of the book ‘Užice District in 1944’ at the Užice Town Council
- Public Institution ofthe Jasenovac Memorial Area makes a public announcement regarding Igor Vukić and his interview for Croatian Television show ‘Good Day, Croatia’
- 13 – 18 May 2018: Visits to Memorial Centres Krakow – Auschwitz – Budapest
- Professionalism of Ivo Pejaković, the Director of the Jasenovac Memorial AreaPublic Institution
- 11 May 2018: Session of the Assembly of the Association of the Jasenovac Prisoners and Their Descendants
- 11 May 2018: The Museum’s Employee Becomes a Scientific Associate
- 9 May 2018: The Museum’s Activities Presented in Berane
- 8 May 2018: The Russians Visit the Museum of Genocide Victims
- 22 April 2018: Consecration of the Temple in Mlaka (near Jasenovac)
- 20 April 2018: Recognition for Cooperation
- 20 APRIL 2018: THE MUSEUM OF GENOCIDE VICTIMS DAY
- INVESTIGATION OF GENOCIDE – THE YEARBOOK 2018
- This is one of the ways to gather information about the 1941-1945 War victims
- Research on the Internet Presence of the Museum of Genocide Victims
- 23 March 2018: Association of Camp Prisoners - Jasenovac
- 21 March 2018: 9th Gymnasium Mihailo Petrović Alas, New Belgrade
- Dr. VeljkoDjurićMišina’s Report on the Visit to Jerusalem 18-23 March 2018
- Have a Look at our Documentary:Concentration Camp Zemun - Konzentrationlager Semlin
- Members of the Museum of Genocide Victims at Expert Seminars 1. Yad Vashem, Jerusalem,3-11 December 2017
- Belgrade, 19 February 2018: Cooperation with Yad Vashem
- Strange Comparisons Between Jasenovac and Srebrenica
- Youth Centre Belgrade, 8 February 2018: First Public Screening of Concentration Camp Zemun - Konzentrationlager Semlin
- Staro Sajmište, Belgrade, 26 January 2018: The Suffering of Serbs, Jews, Roma and Others in ex-Yugoslavia – The Conference
- Paris, 22 January 2018: The Museum Receives a Priceless Giftfrom Prof. Dr. Diana Johnstone
- Kozara Museum, Prijedor, 19 January 2018: Opening of the Exhibition Martyrdom of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Bosanska Krajina
- First Public Screening of the documentary Concentration Camp Zemun - Konzentrationlager Semlin
- 26 December 2017: Promotion of the Museum’s Latest Publication at the Philosophy Faculty in KosovskaMitrovica
- Nikšić, 23 December 2017: Screening of the documentary film Hell of the Independent State of Croatia at the Spiritual Center Хрватске“: Духовни центар у Никшићу, 23. децембар 2017....
- Bajina Bašta, 22 December 2017: Promotion of the Conference Proceedings on the War in Srebrenica
- Kraljevo, 21 December 2017: “The Suffering of Serbian and Ethnic Minority Population in Kosovo and Metochia” Exhibition atthe Central Military Club of Serbia
- 16 December 2017: The Promotion of Smederevo Region in World War II – War Victimsby Nemanja Dević
- The Latest Chapter of the Polemic Between Mr. Sc. Ivan Kozlica and Prof.Dr. Veljko Djurić Mišina
- Stoking Up the Fire with Balderdash - Mr. Ivan Kozlica Versus the Museum of Genocide Victims
- 22 November 2017: Museum’s donation to St. John’s Monastery in Jasenovac
- The Gallery of the National Bank of Serbia, 15 November 2017: Another Exhibition of the Museum of Genocide Victims
- 6 November 2017: Updating the 1941-1945 War Victims Database